Wednesday, November 26, 2014

That's Grandma, That's Mom...

I arrived yesterday and Mom was sitting in her wheelchair, holding her baby and looking quite perky!  She asked who I was and I told her I am her daughter, Jeannie, to which she replied, "Oh really?" with a big smile.

Since she was in her wheelchair already, we cruised around the halls a few times and she watched as I took down her old torn shower curtain and replaced it with a new pretty curtain with blue flowers.  Once I had it hanging, she declared it "pretty" and we continued our cruising.

We settled after a bit and she told me that "she" would be by.  I thought she was talking about my sister so I pulled out my tablet to show her a picture.  I pointed out my sister, Pat (to the right of Mom below) and Mom told me yes, that was her. 



I continued to go through the family pictures, something I do quite often. This time she identified some, commented on others and a few times I had to keep from laughing.  :)



As almost always, when she saw the photo above, she immediately said, "That's Daddy." The next photo followed and she said, "That's Momma."


The next photo is always the picture below of Mom with her Daddy and Momma. Sometimes she's unsure when she sees it but typically she knows it is the three of them. It was one of those days when she knew.


The next photo sometimes stumps her but this time she immediately said, "That's Grandma."


I continued through the pictures, Mom sometimes reaching out her finger to move the picture around or point to a particular person.  Then I brought up the picture below.


I struggled to stifle my chuckles as she pointed first to me (center front) and very clearly said, "That's Grandma" and then pointed to my sister and also very clearly said, "That's Mom."  I love her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment