Sunday, May 4, 2014

And she sleeps...

When I left to visit Mom this morning, I planned to manicure her nails.  They have gotten very long but I've been visiting with little one(s) in tow and haven't had the opportunity to do the job.  My sister always carries a file and she keeps them smooth but Mom's nails, like mine, grow unbelievably fast.  Must be where I get that trait.

So, I arrived today to find Mom sound asleep in her favorite rocking chair, legs sprawled out in front of her.  It was so cute.  She had slid down a bit and every once in awhile, she would use her feet to rock - just a bit.  I touched her and rubbed her arm a bit, even gave her a kiss, but she didn't wake up.  She opened her eyes at one point and saw me but I don't think it really registered because she fell right back.  All the while, she was sitting right next to the computer and speakers that the RNA was using to play the Price is Right and Who Wants to be a Millionaire with the residents.  She was not sitting in a quiet area! 

I got out the clippers and file thinking that the manicure would wake her up.  Nope!  I did both hands, clipped and filed, and she never opened her eyes.  Changed position slightly at one point but didn't wake.  

As she slipped a little lower in the chair, the RNA and I worked together to lift her and put the chair cushions in their proper place.  Still she didn't wake.  I rubbed her back before leaning her back into the chair.  Still didn't wake.  God love her!  I know I do!
Sound asleep but all manicured!

2 comments:

  1. Bless her heart- and yours. It must be very hard for you, seeing her this way. I was a caretaker for my husband, who died in 2012 so know how emotionally draining it can be. I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to let you now your Mom, and those who love her are still in my prayers. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete