Wednesday, April 23, 2014

She's still walking!

I now take care of my four month old granddaughter every day and yesterday I took her to visit Mom.  Mom was so happy to see her!  She told her, "Grandma loves you!"

We arrived just as Stephanie was getting ready to bathe Mom.  Mom was in her rocking chair in the living room rather than her wheelchair so we stood her up and she walked with Stephanie back to her room.  That was quite a way but I think seeing her great granddaughter put a spring in her step.  :-)

Mom didn't complain about starting the process but once her clothes were removed, she started her normal fussing.  She was shaking her fist at Stephanie and I stepped in, telling her that she had to have a bath and it would be okay.  I started the water and got it warm to show her she would like it.  She calmed down but said she would just leave!  I fell back to a couple of our old conversations, telling her that she could leave when God's ready for her but until then Grandma (her mama) said she had to have a bath.  It doesn't always work but it did again this time!

Although not a long visit, it was a good one.  Mom didn't know names but she recognized our relationship and had lots to talk about.  I love those kind of visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment