Saturday, May 25, 2013

She's sleeping more now...

It's becoming the norm now for Mom to be sleeping or feeling tired when I visit.  She's happy, just tired.  She's bleeding on a regular basis now but has no pain.  It may seem wrong to let it go on but I'm following Mom's lead.

Years ago she made the decision to not force Daddy to eat.  She felt she needed to trust his instincts, in spite of the Alzheimer's.

It's a difficult decision but I know that bringing in a doctor to try and fix the problem would be upsetting to Mom.  At 97, should I make her go through that?  I think not.  She wouldn't want it.  She's content to enjoy her surroundings and sleep when she wants.

So now, as long as Mom is happy and in no pain, I'm content to sit with her while she sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment